If you travel away from home for a few days you do not want to come home and see that all your plants are dead
Here are some ideas how to Water Plants When On Vacation on a law budget.
- Water the plants before you go on vacation, put enough water until you come back, be careful not to over-water them
- If you have nice neighbors ask them to come by your house after 3 days and check if the soil is moist, tell them to water the them a little only if the soil is dry, it is usually better for the neighbors to put a too little water than too much water
- A simple and easy way to give the plants enough water when you are on vacation is to take a bottle with water, put a cotton thread into the water, let the thread soak up the water and then dip one end of the thread inside the bottle and the other end inside the pot, this will constantly transfer water from the bottle into the pot if the bottle is higher than the pot
- Use this product to water the plants when you are not at home, It is an excellent and useful product and can definitely help maintain the plants when you are not at home.
This is a package of 24 products in one package at a price of between $11-14 so it fits a limited budget
- Another product that can help your neighbors know if the plants need water, it is a bit more expensive, but will keep them from over-watering the plants and killing them.
- Another way to water the plants when you are temporarily not at home but to keep the budget is to take a bottle of water, close the cap, poke a few small holes in the cap and stick it inside the pot. This way you have an automatic watering system for a pot for free, on a budget and in a very easy way
If you have more ideas on how to keep your plants alive when you are not at home, write to me in the comments.